Friday 20 February 2015

Day 20: Mac Gets A Vasectomy

So. Fanfiction. I have little experience with it other than George. R. R, Martin's opinion that it's worthless for a serious writer. Why waste time in another's world when your time is better spent practicing in creating your own and honing your voice, your characters. Yet I'm told there's a lot of good out there so maybe I should overcome my bias. I certainly did for today's challenge. We had to work with stock characters, characters that had been created before, and to play in their world. This was inspired by Eastenders and other long running soaps, who have had many writers have to adapt to their way of writing and telling stories over the years. Again we had to approach this earnestly and without sarcasm. So I chose to try and write an episode of my favorite sitcom "It's Always Sunny In Philadelphia". Not an easy thing, to piggyback off another writer's voice. But I've tried. So here it is.


Scene 1: Paddy’s Pub

2:52 pm. On a Thursday. The Gang, minus Mac, are sitting around drinking and talking. As usual.

Charlie: So all I’m saying is I just wanna know where the water goes.
Dee: You know where the water goes Charlie, you practically live in the sewer.
Charlie: No I mean like…when you flush the pipes get really small and I can’t fit down there. So I think that must be where the ghouls are.
Frank: Oh Jesus not the ghouls again Charlie. I still got sewer diseases and the venereals from last time.
Charlie: But it makes sense I’ve been in everywhere in this bar and still haven’t caught them all. They have to be hiding somewhere
Dennis: Really Charlie? Everywhere.
Charlie: Yes Dennis, everywhere.
Dennis: Even the garbage chute?
Charlie: Of course. It’s a chute.
Dennis: Now this I’m going to have to see.
Dee: It would explain why he smells of garbage all the time.
Dennis: I still think I’d like to see him do it.
Frank: He tried to get me down there once. I was stuck for 37 hours.
Dennis: No one cares Frank. You got out. You’re clearly ok. We’re trying to establish if Charlie can do it.
Dee: You know I’m starting to think I’d like to see this too.
Suddenly MAC bursts in. He starts doing karate moves in his over excitement until a pain makes him double up in pain.
Dennis: Goddamnit Mac what have you done?
Mac: Guys. I finally figured it out. I figured out why I’m not banging chicks.
The Gang exchange hopeful, but sceptical, glances
Mac: It’s because they’re scared of my sperm, and the badass baby it’d cause.
The Gang sighs
Frank: Have you ever considered there might be some other reason you’re not banging broads?
Mac: Naw this is it. That’s why I got a vasectomy.
Blackout. Play theme music. Sign on stage “Mac Gets A Vasectomy”
                                                  Mac Gets A Vasectomy
                                                       By Jeremy Linnell

Scene 2: Paddy’s Pub a little later
Mac sits at the bar with Charlie.
Mac: No dude it’s totally sweet.
Charlie: I dunno man, if I get my balls cut off how am I going to have babies with The Waitress.
Mac: How is it possible, you still don’t even know her name.
Charlie: We keep a romantic, respectful distance. It’s courting.
Mac: Whatever dude. You’re not getting your balls cut off. You’re getting a little knot inside ‘em that lets you bang the shit out of whoever you want.
Charlie: But I only want to bang the waitress.
Mac: DAMMIT CHARLIE THIS WAS A SWEET IDEA.
Charlie: But what if you want kids?
Mac: No way. You only get so much baddassness Charlie. Why would I want to give that up?
Charlie: Wait so if I get it done and say, I get tricked in to sex, this lets me keep all the goodness for my babies with The Waitress?
Mac: That’s exactly what I’m saying. You can preserve your badassness.
Charlie: So how do I get one?
Mac: You know Frank’s signature right?
Charlie: Dude Frank’s signature is my signature.
Mac: Oh sweet. You’ll be able to use his health insurance. Let’s get you to a doctor.
Charlie: Can I finish my beer?
Mac: Drink it on the way man, your badassness is draining away as we speak.
Charlie: Ok ok I’m coming.

Scene 3: Interior Dennis and Mac’s Flat
Dennis stalks the floor space of his flat. Dee sits watching.
Dee: Are you seriously telling me you’ve never considered contraception?
Dennis: Of course not. It’s not part of the system.
Dee: God Damn It Dennis not your stupid system again. That system is why you need contraception!
Dennis: Oh you bitch, you stupid stupid bird. The D.E.N.N.I.S. system ensures I get maximum pleasure with minimum risk. Why would I need contraception?
Dee: Well, uh, aside from pregnancy? S.T.D.s you dumbass.
Dennis: Are you doubting my system? MY SYSTEM IS FLAWLESS. Of course I scope them out. The whole…god dammit Dee…the whole system is about knowing the target. My target’s don’t have STDs. Come on.
Dee: And what about pregnancy? It’s pretty hard on woman.
Dennis: Oh what would you know about that. Who’d get you pregnant?
Dee: I gave birth. I’ve had a child.
Dennis: I do not recall.
Dee: Really? Really? You thought you were the father!
Dennis: Frank? Was Dee pregnant
Frank enters, wearing a hospital gown
Dee: Jesus Frank.
Frank: What? I’m getting surgery.
Dee: Here?
Frank: No but I like to prepared. I own my own gown. It’s nice and airy.
He spins, displaying the bountiful wonder of his ass crack.
Dee: Ok, whatever. You remember when I was pregnant right?
Frank: Nope!
Dee: Awww god damn it.
Dennis: Frank, what surgery are you getting done?
Frank: Well I had a vasectomy done years ago, but then you two came along and so I thought I better get it checked.
Dee: I’m 29, you’re leaving it a little late Frank.
Dennis: You’re 39, old, and we know it. Frank. We’re not your kids. You know that.
Frank: Oh shit. Yeah. I forgot. I guess I have no kids. Lucky me.
Dee: Will you please take off that smock.
Frank: Nah, I like the way my dong hangs in it.
Frank wanders off.
Dennis: We really should think about putting him in a home.
Dee: Yeah but how do we get him to pay for that. Anyway. So how do you know you don’t have any kids?
Dennis: Oh I have thousands.
Dee: What?          
Dennis: Oh yes. But because I “Separate Entirely” they can never find me. Them or their mothers.
Dee: That’s awful.
Dennis: Is it Dee?
Dee: I’m pretty sure children without a father are considered at a significant social risk.
Dennis throws a glass of water in Dee’s face.
Dennis: How dare you.
Dee shakes the water from her eyes.
Dee: What Dennis?
Dennis: They are my children. MINE. Did Hercules require the presence of Zeus? No. No. They will thrive. They are demigods. A legion I have spawned. The Golden God breeds with mortals at his whim!
Dee: So you’re not considering a vasectomy then?
Dennis: Blasphemous whore! Get out!
He hurls the glass at her.
Dee: Ugh. Fine whatever. I just thought we should talk about our kids. See ya later boner.

Scene 4: A Doctor’s Office
Mac and Charlie sit in front of a doctor.
Doctor: Was there a problem with your procedure Mr. McDonald?
Mac: No dude, it was totally sweet. My nuts have never felt so swollen. Wanna touch?
Doctor: No I think that’ll be quite ok.
Mac (to Charlie): Check out this loser. A doctor and he’s afraid of some nuts.
Mac: Dude I love keeping all the man juice to myself and my esteemed associate
Charlie stands up and bows. Mac pulls him back in to his seat
Mac (cont.): Would like to get in on it. Now we were wondering if you had a buy one get one free deal you could apply retroactively?
Charlie: Or even a 50% discount? They’re in very good condition.
Doctor: What are?
Charlie: My testicles. I only use them to masturbate.
Mac: He doesn’t need to know that. You don’t need to know that.
Doctor: I don’t need to know that.
Charlie: Sorry I get nervous around doctors. I’m an abortion survivor.
Doctor: You do realise a vasectomy is a very serious procedure?
Mac: You never told me that.
Doctor: I most certainly did.
Mac: No way dude. You said it was easily reversible and I could bang who I wanted.
Doctor: I am 100% sure I said neither of those things.
Mac: Whatever. You don’t know what you’re talking about. Probably want to sell me some pills from Big Pharma ya jabroni.
Doctor: Do you want the procedure or not?
Charlie: I don’t know man. It seems kinda scary. And I don’t want The Waitress to think I’m sleeping around.
Doctor: Who?
Charlie: Oh she’s my girlfriend. We’re having babies.
Doctor: I really can’t recommend this procedure for that.
Mac: Ignore him. The Waitress will get hot as shit if you get a vasectomy. It means you can bang all the time.
Charlie: I dunno. I really want babies. Do you have babies?
Doctor: I don’t see how that’s relevant.
Charlie: Well if you’re stopping people having babies and you have babies it seems wrong, don’t you think?
Doctor: Not in the slightest. Look I have other patients. Do you want this or not.
Mac: Dude The Waitress will be all over you.
Charlie: Ok man. Whatever you say. I’ll do it.

Scene 5: A Nightclub
Frank, wearing a ridiculous toupee, dances the night away. He sidles up to a woman.
Frank: Hey baby. Ever banged a guy who can’t have babies?
Woman: Excuse me?
Frank: I had a vasectomy. Let’s bang.
Woman: Get away from me!
Frank:  Feel them. You can feel them. It’s ok.
Woman: Why!
Frank: They’re tight. Swollen. That means I’m tied. Just push aside my monster dong and check.
Frank grabs her hand and puts them on her crotch. A bouncer appears.
Bouncer: I’m afraid I’ll have to ask you to leave.
Frank is dragged out the club
Frank: This is bullshit! I can’t even knock her up!

Scene 6: The Waitress’s Cafe
Mac rubs Charlie’s shoulders as they stand outside.
Mac: You can do this dude. Just go talk to her.
Charlie: I think this is it man. I think I can win her heart.
Mac: No time like the present. Get in there.
Charlie enters the café and stands in line. After he does Dennis arrives.
Dennis: Is he really?
Mac: Oh yeah. Got his tubes tied and everything
Dennis: We really should call Dee.
Mac: She wouldn’t want to miss this.
Dennis: But fuck her. She was going on about laying eggs or something.
Mac: Oh not again. I am getting so sick of that!
Dennis: Jesus I know right. Yay you crapped out an egg you stupid bird. Who cares.
Mac: This is pretty genius though.
Dennis: Well he’s got to learn.
Inside the café Charlie approaches the counter. The Waitress gives him a look of deep disdain.
The Waitress: You know the restraining order still applies at my place of work, right?
Charlie: I never signed it!
The Waitress: Isn’t the fact I filed it enough?
Charlie: I love you.
The Waitress: Don’t care. Oh. Is that Dennis outside? Is he waiting for me?
Charlie: What?
He looks over his shoulder
Charlie (cont.): No he’s not meant to be…
He composes himself with great effort.
Charlie: I did this for you.
He pulls down his trousers. A horrific swampland of surgery is unveiled. Dripping pus, swollen flesh, bloodied bandages. It’s a nightmare. The waitress reacts the only way she can. She screams and throws a coffee pot at the wasteland. It ruptures Charlie’s testicles and he doubles up in pain. She runs off
Charlie: Ooooooooowwwwwwwwwww
Mac and Dennis pick him up by his armpits.
Mac: Sorry dude.
Dennis: Only way you’d learn.
Mac: You’re always going on about having babies with The Waitress.
Dennis: And frankly she’s repulsed by you. As we all are.
Mac: But we couldn’t have you wasting time on that and not doing “Charlie Work”
Dennis: So we did a little scheme.
Mac: For your own good.
Dennis: Let’s get him a beer.
Mac: A beer will do you good.
Dennis: And no more baby talk, ok Charlie.
Charlie moans weakly


The End

No comments:

Post a Comment